Base Bay of Islands
Welcome to Base Bay of Islands backpacker hostel, located in the stunning Bay of Islands just 50 metres from the beach. Splash in the pool or spa/hot tub, relax on the sun deck or choose from one of the many adrenalin pumping activities the bay has to offer.
Centrally located with accommodation from private units to share rooms, the hostel is 50 metres from the beach and only a short stroll to Paihia's seaside resort restaurants, cafes and ferry terminals for accessing the wonderous Bay of Islands.
The hostel features a spa and swimming pool, set in a sunny courtyard amongst palm trees. At the end of an active day the Pipi Patch bar is a great place to meet and party with other travellers and locals.
Our friendly staff will give you all the inside local tips on how to experience the best of the Northland's amazing scenery, culture and history. Join in on our evening Kiwi BBQ and a complimentary drink in the Pipi Patch Bar where you can meet travelers and locals at the friendliest bar in the bay.
• Range of rooms from private en-suites to share dorms
• Fully made up beds with hotel quality linen
• Under bed lockers in multi-share rooms
• Sanctuary wing for girls only
• TV lounge & sun deck chill out area
• Modern kitchen, dining and laundry facilities
• Global Gossip internet access
• Spa and swimming pool
• Nightly BBQ's
• Pipi Patch Bar: party with travelers and meet the locals!
• Base Travel: book adventure activity, onward travel
• Free on site parking